2019 AGPT Entry
How To Apply
- Applications for the 2019 AGPT program will open soon, see dates below.
- Applications are made directly to one of two GP Colleges – either RACGP and ACRRM.
- In the online application, applicants preference Regional Training Organisations.
- Your eligibility will then be checked with the Department of Health. If eligible, you will then move through to the assessment stage with the relevant GP College.
- Applicants who preference EV, and are successful in their college assessment, will be interviewed by EV.
Department of Health has released the dates for the 2019 intake for the AGPT program. Please see below:
|Monday, 26 March 2018||Applications open at 10.00am|
|Monday, 30 April 2018||Applications close on 10.00am|
|Friday, 1 June 2018||All eligible applications finalised and released to colleges|
|Friday, 1 June – Thursday, 16 August 2018||College assessments and training placement offers|
|Friday, 17 August 2018||First intake outcomes due to the Department|
Register your interest with GP Colleges
Applicants must be Australian or New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents and have Medical Registration by the date of entry into the program. For full details on eligibility visit the AGPT website.
It is important to check eligibility before you apply as anyone not eligible will not move through the selection process.
There are a number of mandatory hospital rotations required – General Medicine, General Surgery, Emergency Department and Paediatrics. Other optional rotations which provide a good breadth of experience make up the two years of hospital experience required before registrars enter the general practice terms of their training.
If applicants are unsure if their hospital experience meets the requirements, applicants can contact EV and seek some guidance. More details.
Important Information for EV Applicants
- EV encourage new applicants to read the AGPT and EV Training Policies which can be found here.
- Being accepted into the AGPT program does not guarantee a GP term placement in 2019 due to limited availability of placements.
- Transfers – Transfers between RTOs or from rural pathway to general pathway will not be possible during the nominated training period unless in exceptional or unforeseen circumstances. Applicants should read the EV Policy on dealing with transfers. Ed-Org-8-16 AGPT Program Transfers
For more information about:
- Eligibility for the AGPT program visit AGPT website
- AGPT program’s selection process, please visit the ACRRM websiteor the RACGP website.
- Hospital requirements
- Guidance on individual hospital experience visit the “Contact Us” page and complete an enquiry form
- EV AGPT information events, run during Feb-March 2018, visit our events page