The assessment and selection process
2018 AGPT Entry
The Australian Government has announced another important component of its significant health workforce reform agenda, handing the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program selection to the two General Practice Colleges, the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
The new process:
- Applicants apply directly to the GP College of their choice. This is done online at College websites ACRRM and RACGP.
- The Commonwealth Department of Health will check candidates’ eligibility.
- The two Colleges will manage candidate assessment.
- The Regional Training Organisations will conduct candidate interviews.
- The Colleges and the RTOs will make joint training offers to successful candidates.
2018 AGPT Application Dates
Applications are now closed for 2018.
2018 AGPT EV Interviews
Interview dates are:
|General Pathway||Saturday 19 August
|15 Cato Street, Hawthorn||Applicants will attend on one of these dates. Candidate allocation will be on a first come first serve basis once the booking system is open. Candidates selecting EV should ensure to keep both dates free at this stage. Applicants applying for the General Pathway can only attend interviews at Hawthorn.|
|Rural Pathway||Sunday 20 August||Suite B2, 50 Northways Road, Churchill||Applicants will attend on one of these dates. Candidate allocation will be on a first come first serve basis once the booking system is open. Candidates selecting EV should ensure to keep both dates free at this stage. Applicants applying for the Rural Pathway can only attend interviews at Churchill.|
If candidates are unable to attend the EV Interviews then they will need to reapply for the 2019 intake. There will be no other dates available for interview. Interviews by Skype or telephone are not possible.
Notes for Candidates
- EV encourage new applicants to read the AGPT and EV Training Policies which can be found here.
- Being accepted into the AGPT program does not guarantee a GP term placement in 2018 due to limited availability of placements.
- Transfers – Transfers between RTOs or from rural pathway to general pathway will not be possible during the nominated training period unless in exceptional or unforeseen circumstances. Candidates should read the EV Policy on dealing with transfers. Ed-Org-8-16 AGPT Program Transfers