2019 AGPT Intake 2
EV has vacancies in the RACGP Rural Pathway for 2019 AGPT Intake 2.
- Applications for Intake 2, 2019 AGPT program entry will open soon, see dates below.
- Applications are made directly to one of two GP Colleges – either RACGP and ACRRM.
- In the online application, applicants preference Regional Training Organisations.
- Your eligibility will then be checked with the Department of Health. If eligible, you will then move through to the assessment stage with the relevant GP College.
- Applicants who preference EV, and are successful in their college assessment, will be interviewed by EV.
How to Apply – 3 Steps
There are three key steps in the AGPT selection process:
Apply online at the chosen fellowship college/s website during the application period:
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
|2||Fee and stage 1 assessment
Pay the chosen college/s application fee and participate in the college stage 1 assessment.
|3||Stage 2 assessment
Applicants scoring above the stage 1 assessment cut-off may be shortlisted to a training region and participate in a stage 2 assessment. Successful applicants may then be offered a training place up to the number of training places available within a training region.
Application Key Dates – Intake 2
The Department of Health has released the dates:
|10am Monday 20 August||Applications open|
|10am Monday 3 September||Applications close|
|Friday 14 September||Second intake eligibility finalisation|
|Wednesday 3 October – Friday 5 October||Second intake CAAKT|
|Monday 8 October – Thursday 11 October||Results processing|
|Friday 12 October – Tuesday 16 October||Applicant preference change period|
|Wednesday 17 October||Allocation of applicants in SAMS|
|Thursday 18 October||RTOs and applicants advised of interview allocations|
|Friday 19 October – Friday 26 October||RTOs schedule second intake interviews with applicants|
|Saturday 27 October – Sunday 4 November||Second intake interviews|
|Monday 5 November – Thursday 15 November||Second intake offer management by RTOs|
|Friday 16 November||Second intake offers finalised – RTOs to ensure all outcomes are updated in SAMS|
EV Intake 2 Interviews
Dates to be confirmed.
Applicants must attend on the relevant date for their pathway. There will not be an opportunity to do the interviews on any other dates and Skype interviews will not be possible.
Applicants must be Australian or New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents and have Medical Registration by the date of entry into the program. For full details on eligibility visit the AGPT website.
It is important to check eligibility before you apply as anyone not eligible will not move through the selection process.
There are a number of mandatory hospital rotations required – General Medicine, General Surgery, Emergency Department and Paediatrics. Other optional rotations which provide a good breadth of experience make up the two years of hospital experience required before registrars enter the general practice terms of their training.
If applicants are unsure if their hospital experience meets the requirements, applicants can contact EV and seek some guidance. Contact EV.
Important Information for EV Applicants
- EV encourage new applicants to read the AGPT and EV Training Policies which can be found here.
- Being accepted into the AGPT program does not guarantee a GP term placement in 2019 due to limited availability of placements.
- Transfers – Transfers between RTOs or from rural pathway to general pathway will not be possible during the nominated training period unless in exceptional or unforeseen circumstances. Applicants should read the EV Policy on dealing with transfers. Ed-Org-8-16 AGPT Program Transfers
- EV does not accept applicants on 457 Visas.
- Eligibility for the AGPT program visit AGPT website
- AGPT program’s selection process, please visit the ACRRM websiteor the RACGP website.
- Hospital requirements, visit the “Contact Us” page and complete an enquiry form
- EV AGPT information events, visit our events page
- RACGP and ACRRM Overview – Fact Sheet – Department of Health
- AGPT Application and Selection Process – Fact Sheet – Department of Health
- AGPT Policies – Fact Sheet – Department of Health