- The AGPT program is 3-4 years depending upon Fellowship endpoint.
- Training is conducted within accredited hospital and general practice based posts with skilled and accredited general practitioners as supervisors in general practice posts and general practice friendly specialists in hospital posts.
- Registrars can also acquire experience in extended skills/advanced specialised training, and can pursue other areas of relevant interest such as procedural general practice and academic posts.
- Training is supervised and supported by experienced medical educators.
- The program includes self-directed learning, regular face-to-face educational activities and in-practiceeducation.
- AGPT involves relevant college assessments throughout or at the end of training to achieve fellowship and eligibility for specialist (general practitioner) registration.
- AGPT is funded by Government and registrars are paid while they train.
Find out more
A series of videos have been developed to provide insights into the AGPT program and how it is delivered by EV.