General Practice Education and Training Conference 2019
GPTEC 2019 was jointly hosted in Melbourne by the two Victorian RTOs – EV with MCCC. The conference united Australia’s medical and cultural educators, GP supervisors, registrars and administrative teams who are critical in shaping our future GPs.
The conference was an enormous success with over 640 delegates including 200 from EV, including a large number of EV Medical Educators who presented as part of the conference program.
Some firsts for GPTEC2019 include:
- Engaging Future Forum with an invited expert panel in General Practice Medical Education
- Full Aboriginal Health cultural stream included in the Program for the first time
- Supervisor ALM with RACGP and ACRRM points offered
- CPR Course offered for the first time
- A very Melbourne Social Program
GPTEC 2019 was consistently challenging, sometimes controversial, always respectful, while providing a clear path to the future.
The GP training landscape is evolving. It’s a time for us to look to the future; to be innovative, progressive and to make a difference in the future of general practice education and training in Australia. Dare we say it’s time to look at Revolutionising our approach, our thinking, our way forward.
For photos of the conference, please visit the GPTEC2019 website here.
In 2020 NTGPE will host the conference in Darwin. Visit the GPTEC2020 website here.