2018 AGPT Entry
The Australian Government has announced another important component of its significant health workforce reform agenda, handing the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program selection to the two General Practice Colleges, the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
The new process:
- Applicants apply directly to the GP College of their choice. This is done online at College websites ACRRM and RACGP.
- The Commonwealth Department of Health will check candidates’ eligibility.
- The two Colleges will manage candidate assessment.
- The Regional Training Organisations will conduct candidate interviews.
- The Colleges and the RTOs will make joint training offers to successful candidates.
2018 AGPT Application Dates
Applications open 10.00 am AEST 10 April 2017.
Applications close 10.00 am AEST 8 May 2017.
2018 AGPT EV Interviews
Interview dates have been set as follows:
|General Pathway||Saturday 19 August
Sunday 20 August
|15 Cato Street, Hawthorn||Applicants will attend on one of these dates. Candidate allocation will be on a first come first serve basis once the booking system is open. Candidates selecting EV should ensure to keep both dates free at this stage. Applicants applying for the General Pathway can only attend interviews at Hawthorn.|
|Rural Pathway||Sunday 20 August||Suite B2, 50 Northways Road, Churchill||Applicants will attend on one of these dates. Candidate allocation will be on a first come first serve basis once the booking system is open. Candidates selecting EV should ensure to keep both dates free at this stage. Applicants applying for the Rural Pathway can only attend interviews at Churchill.|
If candidates are unable to attend the EV Interviews then they will need to reapply for the 2019 intake. There will be no other dates available for interview. Interviews by Skype or telephone are not possible.