The assessment and selection process
2018 AGPT Entry
The Australian Government has announced another important component of its significant health workforce reform agenda, handing the Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program selection to the two General Practice Colleges, the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
The new process:
- Applicants apply directly to the GP College of their choice. This is done online at College websites ACRRM and RACGP.
- The Commonwealth Department of Health will check candidates’ eligibility.
- The two Colleges will manage candidate assessment.
- The Regional Training Organisations will conduct applicant interviews.
- The Colleges and the RTOs will make joint training offers to successful applicants.
2018 AGPT Application Dates
Applications are now closed for 2018.