What work will the registrar be doing?
The registrar will be trained in the use of dermoscopy and skin checks. They will be seeing patients with supervision will and learn skills in clinical procedures associated with the removal of skin lesions. Some posts provide an opportunity for “off site” work with outside agencies for mobile skin checks.
Skills to be gained within the post:
Skills obtained while at the clinic are skin cancer focused and include:
- Skin checks including general medical history taking
- Total body skin examinations and mapping
- Diagnosis of various skin lesions
- The use of dermoscopy
- Interpretation of digital photography skin lesions
- Various biopsy techniques
- Basic excisional procedures and
- Use of appropriate specialist referral
- Non-surgical treatment of skin cancer