The October residential at Yarra Valley Lodge on 5-6 October was very well attended and as always, a wonderful opportunity for CPD and networking with colleagues. It was great to see so much talent in our Supervisor group, both in giving talks and the entertainment at the dinner.
Thanks to EVGPT for sponsoring the Residentials and Patrick Kinsella and the Churchill and Hawthorn admin teams for organising them.
We would like to highlight an important initiative of GPSA to recognise GP Supervisors who have had greater than 10 years of service. You can nominate yourself or a colleague for these awards. Visit the GPSA website for more details.
A visit to the GPSA website is well worthwhile in order to gain appropriate inspiration for your next teaching session. We would particularly like to highlight the new “Teaching plans and “Flash card’s” in the educational resources section.
As the Christmas/New Year period approaches we send our very best wishes to the whole group and look forward to an exciting year of collaborative work in 2018.
Dr Fred Edwards Dr Gerard Connors
SLO Rural SLO Metro
2017 has certainly been a busy year for accreditation visits and practice support across the region.
Following is a snap shot of the activity that has taken place:
- 14 new practices taken on
- 43 practice re-accreditation visits completed
- 14 new practice visits completed
- 10 new practice reviews completed
- 1 accreditation; 2 reaccreditations and 2 expressions of interests for extended skills post
- 25 new supervisors accredited
- Numerous expressions of interests from practices wanting to be training practices
- 3 new practices taken on
- 8 practice re-accreditation visits completed
- 2 new practice reviews completed
- 2 PMCV positions taken on
- 1 AST rural taken on
- 10 new Supervisors (in previously accredited practices)
In addition to this activity we developed a training program for our accreditors; re-designed the pre-accreditation workshop for supervisors; developed “Quick Guides” for supervisors, registrars and practice managers; surveyed our practice managers for what their learning needs were; rolled out the first workshop for supervisors on “The Difficult conversation” and are working on a new accreditation management platform.
I would like to acknowledge the hard work of all the EV staff who have been involved with accreditation and practice support and also the practice staff for their help and assistance this year. I am looking forward to working with you all again in 2018.
Accreditation and Practice Support Coordinator