Emails related to pre-registration will come directly from Zoom. If you cannot locate this email in your inbox, please check your junk mail.
When you register, you should receive an email confirmation. If you don’t, check their junk folder. If you can’t find it in the junk folder, please contact the session contact for assistance.
- EV sends Zoom invites by email. The email will have a link (URL) which you will click on the day to get into your meeting.
- Some meetings require pre-registration. That information will be in your invite. Ensure you’ve registered well before the meeting as pre-approval to attend may be needed.
- If you cannot use the URL and need to manually connect, you will be asked for the Zoom Meeting ID and Password. Both items are in the email.
Connecting to a Zoom Meeting
- Click on the link provided by email to connect to Zoom.
- The Zoom client will open and ask you how you want to join.
- In most instances “Join with Computer Audio” is sufficient.
- If you have not tested your Speaker/Headset and Microphone, now is the time to do that.
- You may automatically be moved into a waiting room or wait for the host to join first. This will come up on your screen.
- If you need to connect by phone only then choose “Phone Call” from the above screen.
- The following image shows you where to control your audio and video.
- Click on the icons to turn your microphone and/or camera on or off.
- Selecting the ‘up arrow’ will display more audio or visual options.
- Additional Zoom settings (not related to audio or video) are at the bottom of the Zoom window and include a number of options
- If you want to exit then click on Leave Meeting
Zoom Security Settings
Your host will determine what level of access and security you have in the meeting including whether:
- You are muted
- You can chat
- You can share your screen
- You can react with emoticons
- You can enter a Breakout Room
- Whether you can record
Audio and Visual